E-Group Rules & Etiquette
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium for communication with fellow parishioners, a place to learn, exchange ideas and information, and stay connected by participating in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our Parish Staff via the Contact Us link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the parish office. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
Our commenting policy is pretty simple: Comments should serve to strengthen our Church, increase understanding of Church teaching and encourage spiritual growth. Comments that are disrespectful to others will not be allowed.
Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Be aware that information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, and relevant ministry name.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the "contact us" button and send a message to the parish staff. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of
St Peter Claver (SPC). St Peter Claver (SPC) is not responsible for
the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all
warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by
St Peter Claver (SPC) or any third party; this disclaimer includes all
implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall
St Peter Claver (SPC) be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential
damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits,
arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information
posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or
illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by
copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material,
the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright
with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright
owner. In addition, the posting party grants St Peter Claver (SPC) and users
of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish,
distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
St Peter Claver (SPC) does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of St Peter Claver (SPC) we will take all appropriate action.
St Peter Claver (SPC) reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.